A new roof is a big investment and it can make you wonder, “Do I need a new roof?” Roof repairs do extend the life of your roof, but at a certain point, it needs to be replaced.
A roof is one of the most vital parts of a home. It protects a home’s structure and protects it from the weather. If you need roofing services, your home is exposed to many problems you might not notice before it’s too late.
Signs You Need a New Roof
There are several signs that leave you with a resounding “Yes” when asking, do I need a new roof.
Signs that you need a new roof include:
- Age. A good roof should last between 20 to 25 years. Check when the original roof was installed.
- Ceiling water damage. Water damage tends to show itself through stains on your ceiling or walls. These spots are usually the result of a leak in your roof. You can also check your attic for daylight coming in through the roof boards.
- Roof rot. Roof rotting occurs when water is absorbed by the shingles, all the way to the core. This typically causes mold to grow in the attic or, in more extreme cases, a sunken roof deck.
- Shingle damage. Roof shingles are the first line of defense against the elements for your roof. Occurrences like buckling shingles, curling shingles, and even missing shingles can leave your roof open to further damage.
Benefits of a New Roof
A roof has a big responsibility to protect your home from many issues. When you need a new roof, you’ll get several benefits once it’s installed.
A new roof better protects your home from the weather. Wind, rain, hail, and snow have less effect on a roof in prime condition.
Your family is not only protected from the elements, but also health hazards. New roofs help prevent mold and mildew accumulating and causing health problems like respiratory problems and headaches.
The cost of a new roof is easily returned by the following:
- Increased property value and curb appeal
- Energy-efficient at regulating inside temperatures
- Cooling and heating systems work more efficiently
New technologies make a roof design better equipped than those built decades ago.
New Roof Consultation
We often take our roofs for granted. Roofs protect us from the elements as long as they are in good shape. Many people do not think about the damage their roof takes over time. Wind, rain, tree, and snow can all do serious damage to your roof over an extended period of time. Since your roof does not get a day off, it is constantly exposed and susceptible to damage.
If it’s been a while, you may be wondering “Do I need a new roof?” While you can check for certain levels of damage yourself, it is safer for a professional to take a look. Experts at EC Roofing & Home Services will assess any roof damage and recommend either repairs or a new roof.
Contact EC Roofing & Home Services for a free estimate of your roof, gutters, windows, and siding.
Our roofing services in Howard County, MD utilize the following applications:
- Cedar shakes
There are many more materials available depending on your preference.
EC Roofing & Home Services
Whether you need a new roof for your current home, or you’re looking to make further updates, our team is here to help. We also provide the following services:
When you need home improvement services in Howard County, MD, we offer the best and latest materials and techniques for installation. Protect your home by calling 410.237.8046 to speak with our team about a free estimate. Don’t let roof damage continue, get a new roof today.