Your roof is one of the most important parts of your house, and your gutters play a crucial role in keeping your roof in top condition. Damaged gutters can lead to severe problems with your roof, including leaks, water damage, and even structural damage. Fortunately, you can easily find rain gutter repair in Columbia if you know the right specialists.
With over 25 years of experience, EC Roofing can give you a free estimate and help you repair rain gutter damage fast. Here’s your guide to repairing gutters in Columbia:
Identify the Problem
Before you begin repairing rain gutters, you need to identify the problem. Here are three common types of damage that gutters face.
- Holes and leaks
- Broken seams
- Sagging gutters
- Rain damage
How to Fix Holes and Leaks
A critical part of repairing gutters in Columbia is fixing holes and leaks. You can fix holes and leaks in gutters with a sealant or patch the hole. First, find the gutter part that is leaking by running some water through it. Then, dry the area and apply the sealant or patch. If the hole is large, you may need to replace the entire gutter section.
How to Fix Sagging Gutters
Try to identify the cause of the problem of a sagging gutter before trying to repair it. If your gutters are metal, they may be sagging due to corrosion. You will need to replace corroded metal gutters. If the sag stems from a clogged gutter, you can try to clear it out with a hose or a plunger. Other times, the problem is improper installation, which means that your gutter must be either reinstalled or replaced.
Once you identify the cause of the problem, take the necessary steps to fix it. If you need to replace your gutters, measure the area carefully and choose a material that will withstand the elements. If you’re clearing a clogged drain, be careful not to damage the gutter or the downspout. You can often fix a gutter in good condition by simply adding proper supports.
How to Fix Rain Gutter Damage
You can often repair rain gutter damage by sealing the joints and seams. If you have rain damage in your gutters, there are a few things you can do to fix it:
- Remove any blocking debris with a hose or vacuum
- Repair any leaks with sealant or patches
- Pitch the gutters properly to ensure drainage
Since gutters work to move water off the roof, rain damage can often be one of the most common problems with gutter and often happens slowly over time.
How to Properly Secure Gutters
It would help if you properly secured gutters to the roof to prevent them from sagging or coming loose.
- Keep your gutters clean – Clogged gutters can lead to water damage, so keeping them free of debris is essential.
- Invest in gutter guards – Gutter guards help to keep leaves and other debris out of your gutters, which can save you time and money in the long run.
- Be prepared for severe weather – If you live in an area prone to severe weather, ensure your gutters are properly secured before a storm hits.
Repairing Gutters in Columbia is Just One Call Away With EC Roofing
Repairing gutters can be tough, dirty business—just the kind of work EC Roofing specializes in. With over 25 years of experience, EC Roofing does it all, including:
- Roof replacement and shingle replacement
- Inspections for storm damage insurance claims
- Siding installation and replacement
- Window installation and replacement
- Gutter repair and replacement
Call us today at 410-455-9880 and get a free estimate today.