How much does a roof cost to repair or replace? The cost can vary from $1,200 to $30,000 to repair or replace a roof for an average-size home. When considering how much a roof costs, several factors come into play, such as material, labor, square footage, permits and fees, and roof type.
At EC Roofing, we know how the cost of roofing can make people cringe. We do not charge anything to determine the scope of work and will give you a fair and free estimate for repairing or replacing your roof. Give us a call at 410-455-9880 to talk with one of our friendly staff to get a free estimate on your roof replacement.
Breaking Down Roof Replacement Cost
The cost of replacing your roof will come down to several factors:
- Square footage – the average home is between 2,000 – 2,300sf, with some homes reaching a massive 10,000sf. The size of your home will determine how much material you need how long it will take to replace your roof.
- Roof slope/pitch – If your roof is multi-tiered or has different slopes, it will cost more to replace than a flat or dual-sloping roof due to the various angles and additional safety precautions.
- Materials – Depending on the material you choose, you can spend anywhere from $2.00 – $7.00 per square foot, with cedar shingles being the most expensive. Fiberglass and vinyl roofing materials are popular for their low costs.
- Permits and fees – Local state or city permits may be required and can up the cost of your roof replacement. A professional roofing company will include all fees and permit costs within the estimate for your review.
- Labor costs – Average labor costs are from $1.50 – $3.65 per square foot. Your estimate should include all labor costs, so you know what you are paying.
- Removal of your old roof – Replacing your roof will generally require removing the old roof first. Removing your old roof is necessary in most cases. Metal roofing can be installed over an existing roof if there is no damage to the support structure underneath.
Understanding the Cost of Roof Replacement
Replacing your roof is a costly process, but there are ways that you can help reduce the cost of replacing your roof.
- Study your estimate – Your estimate should include all work necessary, and the price broke down in a way you can understand. If you see something that does not make sense, ask for more information before signing off.
- Get multiple estimates – It is your right to shop around and get multiple estimates for such a big project. You will find that each estimate will have a similar cost. If you see one that is significantly higher or lower than the rest, question why there is such a big difference and make sure there are no hidden fees or conditions.
- Don’t sign any contract without knowing all of the details – If you have any questions about your roofing cost, ask. There should be nothing on the estimate that you do not understand.
- Estimates are not final – If there are no surprises in your roof repair or replacement, your final total and estimate should be the same. If unexpected damage is found or there are other complications, the installation company should notify you and get your approval of any changes to the scope of work.
Roof Replacement at a Reasonable Price at EC Roofing
At EC Roofing, we will go over your estimate and any work needed to repair or replace your roof. We understand that there is a lot involved in the cost of roofing and want you to understand all of the costs that go into a roof replacement. In addition to roofing services, we also offer the following services:
We encourage you to shop around for the best deal in town. When you decide on choosing us for your roof replacement, call 410-455-9880, or contact us online today for a free estimate on your roof repair or replacement.