No matter how well-built your home is, time and the natural elements are working against your residential windows. Rain and wind slowly break down the molding and framing between your window and the structure of your home. When that happens, it’s time to update your home with replacement windows from the professional window installation team at EC Roofing.
If you find water leaking from a window or your windows receive damage in a storm, call on EC Roofing for a free estimate. We offer professional window installation at a reasonable price. Call 410-455-9880 today to speak with our friendly staff about your replacement window needs.
Knowing When It’s Time For New Window Installation
Your windows can last as long as 20-30 years with proper care. However, that does not mean you should wait that long before replacing your windows. The materials used to seal your windows and protect you from the elements will break down over time. Even if the glass is fine, you may still feel cold drafts or have trouble opening and closing it. You should consider a new window installation if you are experiencing any of these issues due to old or damaged windows:
- Drafty windows – Single and double-pane windows can become drafty over time as the sealant around the window begins to break down.
- Increasing energy bills – As your windows age, your heating and cooling costs may begin to increase as your windows become less efficient in keeping the hot air out and the cool air in.
- Rotting trim or framing – If the external molding in your home is old or not properly installed, the trim around your windows will begin to warp and or rot, leading to an unstable and drafty window.
- Trouble opening and closing – When you try to open a window, and it sticks, that may be a sign that it is off-balance due to foundation settling or improper framing.
- Condensation – Double and triple-pane windows will sometimes develop condensation in between the panes. This is due to a break in the seal.
Even with proper care and maintenance, your windows will need replacing at some point. Plus, with advancing technologies, newer windows will be more energy-efficient. They will help you reduce your yearly energy costs. If your windows are more than 15 to 20 years old, call EC Roofing for a free window installation estimate.
Benefits of Installing Replacement Windows
Twenty years is a long time for your residential windows to protect your family and belongings. Even if they are still in good shape, modern-day windows are safer and more energy-efficient. Plus, new vinyl windows can last up to 5-10 years longer than glass.
There are other benefits to updating your home with new replacement windows:
- Lowering energy costs – Better materials allow for lower energy costs with up to a 20% drop in your heating and cooling bills.
- Increase in property value – New windows add aesthetic value to your property and make your home more energy-efficient, which is very attractive to potential buyers.
- Better airflow – With new window installation, you stop drafts from entering your home and heat or cold escaping, allowing for better airflow and efficiency.
- Safety-conscious – New technology has made glass safer with protective coatings that prevent window pane’s from breaking and cause serious harm.
Let EC Roofing Handle All of Your Window Replacement Needs in Maryland
If your windows are more than 15-20 years old, or you see increasing energy bills due to drafty windows, it may be time to update your home with new window installation from EC Roofing. In addition to window replacement, we also offer the following home improvement services:
- Repairing roofs
- Installing gutters
- Replacing siding
Our expert installers can help update your home with new vinyl replacement windows that will increase the value of your home and decrease your energy costs. Call EC Roofing today at 410-455-9880 for your free window installation estimate for the most trusted window installation services in Maryland!