Roofing problems can happen at all times of the year. When it comes to roofing in Maryland in the middle of winter, there are a few things to know. First, your roof is under a lot of stress. A roof in winter is facing the weight of ice and snow, which can cause moisture concerns in the spring. If you think there’s a problem, you don’t want to do anything yourself. Instead, turn to EC Roofing for help by calling 410.237.8046. Our contractors are standing by.
Let a Professional Handle Snow Removal
Maryland roofs are at risk during the winter month due to snow, ice, and wind. While some roof issues are obvious right away, others are undetectable until the spring and summer months. You do not want to get on your roof in winter. If are concerned about winter roof damage, call a professional instead of trying to take care of the problem yourself. If you notice problems, reach out for professional help from our roofing company.
What Are the Best Ways to Protect my Roof?
The roof in winter is at a high risk of damage, especially if it has not been properly maintained throughout the year. To protect your roof, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Ensure gutters remain clean in the fall to prohibit leave from accumulating. Removing leaves helps to encourage water to flow away from the roof and home, limiting the amount of water that sits near or on the roof.
- Don’t allow icicles to hang from the gutters. This often means there are gutter blockages, and it also indicates a high risk for the gutters coming down.
- When the amount of snow increases and you are worried about how much weight is on the roof, that’s when you need to call a roofing company. For roofing in Maryland, call our team to come and remove the snow for you.
- Do not try to remove snow yourself from the roof. That’s dangerous and may increase the risks of a cave-in.
- Notice ice dams, or areas where there is a significant amount of buildup on the valleys of the roof. If you see these, call our professional roofing company for support.
Climbing on your roof is dangerous and can make the situation worse. Our team has the tools necessary to manage concerns, including leaks, structural damage, and gutter repair needs.
Protecting My Roof Starts in the Fall
In the fall, have our Catonsville roofing company come out to provide a full inspection. This is a very important time to have the roof shingles repaired or replaced. Roofing in Maryland also often needs the flashing addressed as well as concerns with the gutters. When you take these steps early on the roof in winter is not something you have to worry about, especially if you allow our team to ensure you don’t need further repairs.
As a full-service roofing company, EC Roofing is here to help you with all of your roofing in Maryland needs. We also provide additional services that can help to safeguard your home, including:
- Full roofing installation and replacement
- Siding installation and replacement
- Window installation and replacement
- Seamless gutter installation
Need Help? Call EC Roofing Today for a Free Consultation
Protecting your roof is one of the most important aspects of home maintenance. Our team at EC Roofing can help you with roofing needs in the Baltimore County areas. If you are concerned about your roof or want to prevent leaks, we can help. To learn more and to receive a free estimate for roofing, call EC Roofing at 410.237.8046 or connect with us online now.